Monday, September 18, 2006

WVON-AM 1690 Goes 24 Hours!


After 43 years of broadcasting from 10pm until 1pm (no afternoon, no evening programming) WVON-AM Chicago moves to a 24 hour format starting September 18. Along with the expanded hours, Chicago's only Black Talk Radio station increases power from 1000 to 10,000 watts, now broadcasting to listeners throughout the entire Chicagoland area.

This is great news for Black Chicago. Here's the spin from Chicago's legendary Defender Newspaper.

I called in this morning to say Congrats, and to denounce some victimology.

I told my wife about it, and SHE agreed with me. That's a first!
Ooooooooo it felt good.







Clik da pik, visit their bogus site. (Great station, bogus website.)

or LISTEN LIVE.

4 Comments:

At Tue Sep 19, 01:09:00 AM CDT, Blogger Parlancheq said...

Wow, the link actually worked! Usually I can never get streaming radio to work on my computer. And they were talking about some MI Congressperson who wants to impeach Bush. Ha! Guess that was my welcome! :)

Did you get a new blog header? I don’t remember the car from my last visit.

 
At Tue Sep 19, 12:36:00 PM CDT, Blogger BeeJiggity said...

Well, I never said it was a great event for conservative ideals, but 'VON was instrumental in the election of Harold Washington as mayor.

We need to replace Daley. Of course he will be replaced with a Liberal because Chicago is filled with leftists.

Daley, however, is corrupt, and bad news for black people.

Either way, it is a way for Chicago to have more people talking politics, and I can't convert 'em if they aren't even listening! :p

 
At Tue Sep 19, 04:27:00 PM CDT, Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

OK -- congratulations and all -- but can I still shed a tear for the loss (yet again) of Larry Lujack (whose "real oldies" station was bumped off the air to make way for WVON's new frequency)?

 
At Tue Sep 19, 09:56:00 PM CDT, Blogger BeeJiggity said...

Larry's big, and Chicago's got a lotta room for someone with a legacy like him. He'll land on his feet.

Till then, however, you can sure be sad.

I really understand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home